ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND INDUSTRIAL COMPUTING RESEARCH GROUP
|Artificial Intelligence and Industrial
Computing Research Group conducts research on the design and development
of models, techniques and algorithms to improve the performance of
complex industrial systems, people, technology and information.
Particularly the group explores into the areas of scientific computing,
real time systems, flexible manufacturing, robotics and automation,
product innovation, statistical process control, and supply chain
|The main objectives of the group are:
• To perform advanced research in artificial
intelligence and industrial computing for scientific applications,
industries, business and government.
• To become a center of excellence for training,
research and development in the domain of artificial intelligence and
|The research focuses on the following areas:
• Data Mining includes big data, predictive analysis,
temporal mining, text mining, and scheduling.
• Automation and Intelligent Robotics research includes
service robots, industrial robots, industrial automation, computer
control, and flexible manufacturing systems.
• Simulation and Modelling research includes virtual
manufacturing, optimization, supply chain, concept modelling, and
• Product Design research includes computer aided
design (CAD)/computer aided manufacturing (CAM), rapid prototyping,
innovative design, CAD for medical, product animation, and computer
aided geometric design.
• Dr. Omar M. Barukab (Associate Professor)
• Dr. Anton Satria Prabuwono (Associate Professor)
• Dr. Amir Ahmad (Assistant Professor)
• Dr. Adel Ali Ahmed Abdullah (Assistant Professor)
• Dr. Ahmad Hoirul Basori (Assistant Professor)
• Dr. Sarosh Hashmi (Assistant Professor)
• Dr. Waleed Ali Ahmed Abdullah (Assistant Professor)
|Research collaborations with international and local institutions
• The National University of Malaysia (UKM)
• University of Technology Malaysia (UTM)