THEORETICAL COMPUTER SCIENCE RESEARCH GROUP
|Theoretical Computer Science Research Group
conducts research on the theoretical foundations of computer science and
related applications. The group also interested in the research on the
design and development of models, techniques and algorithms in computer
science fundamental specifically in programming methods, computational
mathematics, graph theory, complexity theory, combinatorial
optimization, and distributed algorithms.
|The main objectives of the group are:
• To perform advanced research in theoretical computer
science for scientific applications, industries, business and
• To become a center of excellence for training, research and
development in the domain of theoretical computer science.
|The research focuses on the following areas:
• Algorithm Design covers graph algorithms, parallel and
distributed algorithms, and game theory.
• Randomness in Computation covers randomized algorithms,
expander graphs, and error-correcting codes.
• Programming Methods cover formal method, block based
programming, and agile method.
• Application areas include secure computation, cryptography,
mobile and distributed computation and network programming.
• Dr. Hamza Abujabal (Professor)
• Dr. Daut Daman (Associate Professor)
• Dr. Samir Khemaies Boucetta (Assistant Professor)
• Dr. Lalbihari Barik Gayadhar Sadhucharan (Assistant
• Mr. Arshad Hashmi (Lecturer)
• Mr. Hossam M. J. Mustafa (Lecturer)
• Mr. Mujeeb Rahiman T.K. (Lecturer)
• Mr. Nashwan Ahmad Al-romema (Lecturer)
|Research collaborations with international and
local institutions include:
• University of Technology Malaysia (UTM)
• The National University of Malaysia (UKM)